Friday, 1 September 2017

M&M's Crispy Mint

We most definitely are seriously lacking in interesting M&M's products in the U.K (made purely for the U.K market). We never get flavoured ones and our range pretty much consists of : standard, Peanut, Crispy and the limited edition Peanut/Hazelnut, which is out currently. Hardly ground breaking, yet surely to create flavoured M&M's wouldn't be too much hard work or require that much innovation! I pretty much never buy the Crispy ones, in all honesty they don't really excite me that much. However Crispy Mint, now that's something I would want to try!

M&M's Crispy Mint

As previously stated I love mint chocolate and the M&M's White Peppermint are my favourite of all time; however unlike the White Peppermint, with a white chocolate base, these are milk chocolate based with a crispy centre. 

M&M's Crispy Mint


Coming in dark green, light green and white they have a lovely light mint aroma. Biting into one you can clearly see the thinner milk chocolate layer and the crispy centre, which makes up most of the M&M. I really enjoyed the crispy centre, working well with the crisp candy shell to make them extremely moreish to nibble away at. 

M&M's Crispy Mint

The mint flavour is refreshing against the creamy milk chocolate  and the plainer crisp centre, adding a point of difference that made me enjoy these a lot more than I would the standard M&M's Crispy. I'm pleased they decided to use milk chocolate as opposed to dark chocolate, which is frequently chosen as the default to pair with mint. 



M&M's Crispy Mint
 

These aren't going to overtake M&M's White Peppermint as my favourite M&M's but they're pretty tasty if you're a mint chocolate lover and fancy something a bit different to what's offered on the standard U.K. market.

Taste - 7.8/10 - Light mint flavour, not overly chocolate heavy due to the dominant component being the crispy centre.
Texture - 7.6/10 - Moreish crispy centre and crispy candy shell.
Appearance - 7.2/10 - Look like fairly standard M&M's.
Price - 7.0/10 - I paid £4.95 for 145g bag.
Overall - 7.4/10 - A nice flavour alternative to use with the crispy base.
_________________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?
Mint chocolate lovers.

WHERE TO BUY?
Should be widely available in Australia, I bought mine from Sanza here.

No comments:

Post a Comment